Committees & Councils
Committees are an important part of the High Point Regional Association of REALTORS for a number of reasons, including:
- Committees allow HPRAR to accomplish more. By bringing together members with different skills and expertise, committees can tackle complex projects and initiatives that would be too difficult or time-consuming for a single person or staff member to handle.
- Committees provide an opportunity for members to get involved in the association and to make a difference. Committee work is a great way for members to learn more about the association and its mission, to develop their skills and leadership abilities, and to network with other members.
- Committees build a sense of community and engagement among members. Committee work can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for members, and it can help to create a stronger bond between members and the association.
Overall, committees are an essential part of HPRAR. By providing a way for members to get involved and to contribute their skills and expertise, committees help HPRAR to achieve its goals and to serve members more effectively.
Chair - Kim Martin
The Building Committee oversees the maintenance and upkeep of the association’s headquarters building.
Chair Miguel Carreno
Vice Chair Rebecca Norris
The Cultural Diversity committee plays an important role in creating a more inclusive and equitable world. By promoting understanding and respect for all cultures, the Cultural Diversity Committees can help to build stronger community and a more just society. The duties of this committee include:
- Raising awareness of cultural diversity and inclusion issues
- Developing and implementing policies and programs that promote cultural diversity and inclusion
- Providing training and education on cultural diversity and inclusion to members and/or community members
- Celebrating cultural diversity and heritage
- Advocating for cultural diversity and inclusion within the organization or community
Chair Monica Underwood
Vice Chair Ayesha Richardson
The Finance Committee is responsible for overseeing the financial management of an organization.
The specific duties of a Finance Committee include:
- Reviewing and approving the organization's annual budget
- Monitoring the organization's financial performance
- Developing and implementing financial policies and procedures
- Overseeing the organization's investment portfolio
- Ensuring that the organization complies with all applicable financial laws and regulations
By carefully overseeing HPRAR's financial management, the Finance Committee helps to protect the organization's assets and to ensure that it is able to operate effectively.
Government Affairs Committee
Chair Erin Rogers
Vice Chair Madalyn Kunow
The Government Affairs Committee is responsible for representing the interests of HPRAR and private property rights or community to government officials.
The duties of the Government Affairs committee include:
- Monitoring government legislation and regulations that may impact the organization or community
- Advocating HPRAR or community's interests to government officials
- Building relationships with government officials and staff
- Educating the public about HPRAR's positions on government issues
- Organizing grassroots advocacy campaigns
The Government Affairs committee plays an important role in ensuring that the voices of HPRAR's members and communities are heard in the government process. By advocating for HRPAR's interests, the Government Affairs Committee can help to shape legislation and regulations that impact the members and homeowners.
Member & Community Service Committee
Chair Kim Frazier
Vice Chair Erica Yochim
The Member and Community Service committee is responsible for developing and implementing programs and services that benefit HPRAR's members and the community.
The duties of the Member and Community Service Committee vary and typically include:
- Identifying the needs of HPRAR's members and the community
- Developing and implementing programs and services to meet those needs
- Promoting HPRAR's programs and services to members and the community
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the organization's programs and services
The Member and Community Service Committee plays an important role in helping HPRAR to achieve its mission and to build stronger relationships with the members and the community. By providing valuable programs and services, the Member and Community Service Committee can help to attract and retain members, and to build a more positive reputation for the organization.
Triad Global Alliance Committee
Chair Rhonda Wilson-Henry, HPRAR
Vice Chair Sofia Crisp, GRRA
The Triad Global Alliance Committee consists of members from High Point Regional Association of REALTORS, Greensboro Regional Association of REALTORS and the Winston-Salem Regional Association of REALTORS.
The Triad Global Alliance Committee is a division of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) and North Carolina REALTORS (NCR) that provides resources and support members who are interested in working with international clients and real estate professionals. A variety of programs and services is available to help members succeed in the global real estate market.
The RGA is a valuable resource for NAR members who are interested in expanding their business into the global real estate market. By providing its members with access to a global network of real estate professionals, exclusive educational resources and training programs, referral opportunities, marketing and promotional support, and international business development assistance, the RGA helps its members to succeed in the global real estate market.
The REALTORS Young Professionals Network (YPN) is a national network of young real estate professionals who are committed to advancing their careers and making a difference in their communities. YPN is open to all REALTORS®.
YPN members benefit from a variety of resources and support, including:
- Networking opportunities with other young real estate professionals
- Educational programs and training on a variety of real estate topics
- Mentorship opportunities
- Advocacy and leadership development programs
- Community service opportunities
YPN is a great way for young real estate professionals to connect with each other, learn new skills, and advance their careers. YPN members are also passionate about making a difference in their communities, and they volunteer their time and resources to a variety of causes.
Chair Kristin Crowe
Vice Chair Jeff Benfield
The Affiliate Council plays an important role in helping HPRAR achieve its goals. By providing a forum for communication and collaboration, the Affiliate Council helps HPRAR to:
- Identify and address common challenges
- Develop and implement best practices
- Share resources and expertise
- Advocate for the interests of the organization's members
The Affiliate Council also helps HPRAR build stronger relationships with their members. Some examples of the benefits of the Affiliate Council can provide to members:
- Access to information and resources on the latest trends and best practices in the industry
- Networking opportunities with members and other professionals in the real estate industry
- Opportunities to collaborate on projects and initiatives
- Support and advocacy for the interests of the members
The Affiliate Council is a valuable resource for HPARA and the members. By providing a forum for communication, collaboration, and advocacy, The Affiliate Council helps HPRAR to achieve its goals and build stronger relationships with the members.
Past Presidents Council
Chair Madalyn Kunow
The Past Presidents Council is a group of members who have previously served as President of HPRAR. The council's purpose is to provide advice and support to the current leadership team.
Past Presidents Councils plays an important role in helping HPRAR to:
- Leverage the experience of past presidents. Past presidents have a deep understanding of the HPRAR's history, culture, and mission. They can provide valuable insights and advice to the current leadership team on a variety of issues, such as strategic planning, governance, and crisis management.
- Promote continuity of leadership. The Past Presidents Council helps to ensure that HPRAR's leadership transition process is smooth and seamless. They also provide mentorship and support to new presidents.
Small Firms Council
Chair Fonda Norris
The Small Firms Council is a group of members who are committed to supporting and advocating for small real estate firms. The council is made up of owners and managers of small real estate firms, as well as other Realtors who are passionate about supporting the small firm sector.
The Small Firms Council plays an important role in the real estate industry by providing a voice for small firms and by advocating for their interests. The Small Firms Council also provides a valuable opportunity for small Realtor firms to connect with each other, share ideas, and learn from each other's experiences.